A.I studies and Researches
A recent study by Universities of Oxford and the Yale University shows that a 50 percent chance that artificial intelligence will outweigh human intelligence in all areas within 45 years and is expected to be able to take on all human functions within 120 years and it may occurs before this date.
According to the study, SMART machines will outperform humans in translation by 2024, write school articles by 2026, drive trucks and vehicles by 2027, work in retail in 2031,and to perform surgeries by 2053 “.
AI will affect the leadership role in the future workplace. Leadership historically have been impacted by technological development and that this trend will continue in the future.
Artificial Intelligence is a simulation of human intelligence through the creation of computer programs capable of simulating intelligent human performance. Self-driving cars, unmanned aerial vehicles, translation or investment software, NANO technology and many other applications deployed in life. Therefore, leaders will have to adapt their leadership style to fit both humans and AI.
Artificial Intelligence is expected to open the door to unlimited innovations and lead to further industrial revolutions, which will convert human life.
Fourth Industrial Revolution
The enormous technological development and the world’s transformation under the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Artificial intelligence will be the engine of progress, growth and prosperity over the next few years, and it can and the innovations of innovation to establish a new world that may now appear from the paths Fantasy, Consequently, the leadership role will become more creative and innovative to lead humans effectively. Furthermore, changes in job assignments create the need for a transformational leadership style,
As we are on fourth industrial revolution which based on of the third industrial revolution that a result of development of computer technology and the Internet, and rely on the linking and integration of physical or physical sciences with digital and biological systems in manufacturing processes, Electronically controlled, ie intelligent machines connected to the Internet and preceded the Fourth Industrial Revolution three industrial revolutions
Stages of the Industrial Revolution
- First Industrial Revolution (18th to 19th centuries) the rural societies became industrial and urban.
- The iron and textile industries, along with the improvement of the steam engine, played central roles in this Industrial Revolution.
- Second Industrial Revolution (1870 and 1914), before World War I It was a stage of growth industries and expansion of new ones, such as steel, oil and electricity, and used electric power to create mass production.
- During this period appeared the light bulb, telephone, and the internal combustion engine.
- Third Industrial Revolution, ( Digital Revolution),took place from the 1980s, include the advances of the personal computer, the Internet, and information and communications technology (ICT)
- Fourth Industrial Revolution builds on the Digital Revolution (Third Industrial revolution), it is marked by e robotics, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, quantum computing, biotechnology, The Internet of Things, decentralized consensus, 3D printing and autonomous vehicles. The impacts of the Fourth Industrial Revolution are to improve the quality of life, reduce inequality of the world’s population and raise income level.
Jobs are threatened with disappearance
An earlier study by Webmedia Group, (Digital strategies studies agency), mentioned, “That about 4 in 10 Americans will be replaced by industrial intelligence devices in the 2030s”
Leading AI and Competitive advantage
Executives in companies around the world are increasingly looking to artificial intelligence to create new sources of business value ,Leading Artificial intelligence include monitoring and deciding the rules for the AI systems. The leader will be responsible for the decisions made by Artificial intelligence systems . That to be consider as a challenge that to be accepted and according to that leaders will have to adapt to the world of smart machines. Artificial intelligence able to do many administrative works that consume much of managers’ time, and with a lower cost and on other hand it raises up the innovation and the creativity, which is, consider as competitive advantage for the organizations.
by: Farhan Hassan